Develop Your Practice
If you are a beginner looking to design your first practice or a veteran looking to redesign your entire practice, Rachel has over a decade of experience customizing practices to individual body types and specific injuries. A private session with her is much more targeted than a yoga class. You will leave the session with a personalized plan and routine based upon your concerns, goals and time constraints. The practice developed for you will be transcribed (written or video instructions) for home use.
Preparing for a Session
- If you are interested in scheduling a session, fill out the request form on the contact page. Indicate your schedule preferences.
- Consider what you'd like to achieve with your yoga practice. Do you have questions about specific postures? Do you have pain when you do certain movements during the day? Has your doctor recommended yoga and you aren't sure where to start?
- Once the session is scheduled, you'll receive a form. Fill it out and bring it with you to the session.
- Wear comfortable clothes to the session. If you have a mat, bring it. If not, you can borrow one.
What to Expect During the Session
- During the first session, you will go through an intake process. Range of motion will be assessed and you will have time to fully express your concerns and goals.
- Depending on your focus for the session, you will be led through various movements. Rachel will teach broad movements and then focus in on the details.
- As you and Rachel troubleshoot and plan your practice, she will document your protocol including the specific refinements for your body.
- At the end of the session, you will be equipped with a new movement strategy, tips for improved posture, and a program for a home-based yoga practice.
Taking Your Yoga Home
- Using the documentation from the session, Rachel will make a handful of short videos for you to reference for your home practice.
Areas of Expertise
- Lower Back Pain
- Neck and Shoulder Pain
- Heart Disease
- Injury Recovery
- Injury Prevention
- Refining Movement Patterns and Posture
- Troubleshooting Transitions
- Stress Relief
- Sports-specific Yoga
- Breathing Practices for Daily Life
Individual: $95 per hour
Group: $10 per additional person
Private lessons are conducted at East Side Yoga at 1050 East 11th Street, #150. Arrangements can be made for the session to take place in your home or office. Travel costs may apply.